What are the staff’s qualifications?
In accordance with the Minnesota Department of Human Services, all staff will meet or exceed the required qualifications and continuing education. By adhering to the requirements for staff development and maintaining proper staff to child ratios, it is our belief that we maintain an environment which facilitates the emotional, social, physical, intellectual, and spiritual development of each child.
What types of faith nurturing activities take place at HNCCCC?
We seek to spiritually nurture the children in our care by combining the teaching of God’s Word at an age-appropriate level with the modeling of Christ-like love and behavior from the staff. The following are the ways in which we foster spiritual development in our children:
1. They sing religious songs and say a table prayer before their meals.
2. Toddlers and Preschoolers learn about Jesus during Jesus Time and in other formal meetings.
3. Toddlers and Preschoolers participate in weekly Chapel on Fridays with Pastor Jason
Wahlstrom and Pastor Ashley Updegraff-Balow (alternating).
4. They learn about the wonders of nature and of the blessings of families.
5. We celebrate the Church holidays: Thanksgiving; Christmas; and Easter.
6. To develop their relationship with God, the children will be taught the following Bible truths:
• The True God is Triune: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
• All people are born sinful.
Sin separates us from God.
• The Holy Spirit brings us to God through the Word of God and Baptism (we believe in infant baptism).
• God’s will for us is revealed in the Ten Commandments.
• Jesus came to take away the sins of the world.
• Everyone who believes in Jesus and is baptized has forgiveness of sins and everlasting life.
• As God’s children through faith, we can pray to Him and He will answer our prayers.
• We want to obey God out of thanksgiving for His love for us.